Stop, Sir. No, sir.
This might be a little bit late and behind the game, but it took me a couple of weeks to properly digest the utter madness that was the first “State of the Union” address from this admistration, and my reaction to it. (Quotations because it wasn’t techinically a state of the union, but his first speech to Congress.) Below are my reactions while watching. There may have been wine involved.
1. Trump: “A new chapter of America greatness is now beginning. A new national pride is sweeping across our nation. And a new surge of optimism is placing impossible dreams firmly within our grasp. What we are witnessing today is a renewal of the American spirit.”
— Me: That surge of optimism? Is from racists that have been just looking for an outlet and validation, and congratulations, sir, you have given it to them. We are not witnessing a renewal of the American spirit, we are witnessing a resurgence of latent racism. Well done, you, for bringing it to the forefront.
2. “The rebellion started as a quiet focus spoken by families of all colors and creeds … who just wanted a fair shot for their children. For them, the quiet voices became a loud chorus as thousands of citizens now spoke out together… Finally the chorus became an earthquake and the people turned out by tens of millions and they were all united by one very simple and crucial demand: that America must put its own citizens first. Because only then can we truly make America great again.”
— Me: That wasn’t for you, you maggot. That earthquake? Those were the people the day AFTER your inauguration. That’s who showed up. Remember? The inauguration that you said was the biggest and most watched ever? But wasn’t at all? And in actuality over two million people marched against you, as opposed to the 250K that showed up for your big inauguration?
3. “We will soon begin the construction of a great, great wall along our southern border. As we speak tonight, we are removing gang members, drug dealers and criminals that threaten our community and prey on our very innocent citizens. bad ones are going out as I speak. To any in Congress who do not believe we should enforce our laws, I would ask you … what would you say to the American family that loses their jobs … or loved ones because America refused to uphold its laws and defend its borders.”
–Me: Do you have any idea what you’re even talking about?? Seriously? You are literally crumbling industries that have workers too afraid to go to work. Are there flaws in the system? Yes. Absolutely. Are hard working Mexicans the reason America sucks right now? NO. Psst – there is already a wall. It’s not working.
4. “We have seen the attacks at home from Boston to San Bernardino to the Pentagon and yes, the World Trade Center… It is not compassion but reckless to allow uncontrolled entry from places where proper vetting can not occur.”
–Me: You. Fucking. Idiot. So Dylann Roof, Timothy McViegh, Adam Lanza, Omar Mateen, James Holmes, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold – all American-born, all white save for Mateen – who have killed considerably more people than San Bernardino, which, by the by, was carried out by an American-born man and a completely legal citizen – we’re not going to worry about them? We’re going to make it harder for these guys to have access to mental health care because Muslims are the problem??? How. Stupid. Is. This. Country. Also, the Pentagon and the World Trade Center? As horrific as it was and continues to be – same attack. Same motive. Don’t try and make it two different things to make it play for you. Work on intelligence, not banning innocents.
5. “Education is the civil rights issue of our time.”
–Me: IS IT??? IS IT, you asshole?? I want to never stop vomiting. Because Betsy DeVos seems like a solid choice for to help this. You know, if you want to set back public education, LGBTQ rights in public schools, etc., about fifty years. You know who should be in charge of public schools? Someone who has went to or depended on public schools. Somehow I don’t believe that someone who “can’t remember” if they contributed a fucking quarter of a million dollars to a campaign has their finger on the pulse of inner city public school teachers who need to bring their own toilet paper to work.
*****Said wine break involved a entire bottle *****
6. “And we must support the victims of crime. VOICE: Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement. … We are providing a voice to those who have been ignored by our media.”
Me — I hate you so fucking much, you blowhard nightmare.
7. “We want harmony and stability not war and conflict. America is friends today with former enemies. … This history should give us all faith in the possibilities for a better world. Hopefully the 250th year for America will see a world that is more peaceful, more just, and more free.”
Me – Please speak with North Korea. Because I’m pretty sure they’re mad at you and I don’t want to die in an explosion because you’re an idiot and can’t control your Twitter account.
Bottom line? If he is really going to make things better, I need less bluster and more action. Because all I have seen thus far is a lot of grand statements and the only action has been, in my opinion, to the detriment of the American dream.
Posted on 03/12/2017, in Uncategorized and tagged donald trump; potus; donald trump sucks; not my president;. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.